Hydrogen peroxide has many common uses in everyday life. Here are some of the most common uses:
- Disinfectant: Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a disinfectant for surfaces, cuts, and wounds. It is a powerful oxidizer and can kill a wide range of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Teeth whitening: Hydrogen peroxide is a common ingredient in many teeth whitening products. It can help remove stains and brighten teeth.
- Cleaning agent: Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a cleaning agent for various household surfaces. It is effective at removing stains, grime, and dirt.
- Hair lightening: Hydrogen peroxide can be used to lighten hair. It is commonly used as a DIY hair dye or highlighter.
- Laundry booster: Hydrogen peroxide can be added to laundry to boost the effectiveness of regular detergents. It can help remove stains and brighten fabrics.
- Mouthwash: Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a mouthwash to kill bacteria in the mouth and freshen breath.
- Gardening: Hydrogen peroxide can be used to kill fungus and bacteria in gardening. It can also be used to oxygenate the soil and help plants grow.
Overall, hydrogen peroxide has many common uses in everyday life. It is a versatile and useful chemical that can help with many tasks around the house. However, it is important to use hydrogen peroxide safely and according to instructions to avoid any potential risks or side effects.