- Food and Beverage Industry: Sodium citrate is widely used as a food additive and flavoring agent in processed foods and beverages. It serves as an acidity regulator, improving the taste and texture of products like jams, carbonated drinks, dairy products, and confectionery items.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: In medicine, sodium citrate is utilized as an anticoagulant in blood transfusions and blood collection tubes. It helps prevent clotting by binding calcium ions, thereby maintaining the fluidity of the blood.
- Pharmaceutical Compounding: Sodium citrate is employed as a buffering agent in the preparation of certain medications and drugs, helping to stabilize their pH levels.
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products: Sodium citrate can be found in some cosmetic and personal care items like shampoos, conditioners, and skincare products. It serves as a pH adjuster and preservative in these formulations.
- Cleaning Products: Sodium citrate is used in some cleaning solutions and detergents due to its chelating properties, helping to remove mineral deposits and improve cleaning efficiency.
- Photography: In the field of photography, sodium citrate is utilized in the development of photographic films and papers.
- Molecular Gastronomy: Chefs and food enthusiasts sometimes use sodium citrate in molecular gastronomy to create unique textures and transform certain ingredients, like cheese, into smooth and creamy textures.
- Industrial Applications: Sodium citrate finds applications in various industrial processes, such as in the manufacture of textile dyes, water treatment, and as a component in cleaning agents for metal surfaces.
- Insecticides: Sodium citrate is used in some insecticides and pest control products due to its ability to enhance the effectiveness of certain active ingredients
Sodium citrate 25kg
Sodium citrate is a chemical compound that can be described as the sodium salt of citric acid. It is commonly used as a food additive, primarily as a flavoring agent, preservative, and pH regulator. It is also utilized in various pharmaceutical and medical applications. Sodium citrate acts as a buffering agent and emulsifier, helping to stabilize and enhance the texture of certain food products. In medicine, it is used to treat conditions such as acidosis and as an anticoagulant during blood transfusions. Overall, sodium citrate plays a versatile role in different industries due to its ability to modify acidity, improve stability, and contribute to various desirable properties in different products.