Zinc chloride has several major uses and applications, including:
- Galvanizing: Zinc chloride is a key component in the galvanizing process, which involves coating steel or iron with a layer of zinc to protect it from rust and corrosion.
- Chemical synthesis: Zinc chloride is used in the manufacture of a wide range of other chemicals, including ethyl acetate, zinc oxide, and zinc stearate. It is also used as a catalyst in certain chemical reactions.
- Wood preservation: Zinc chloride is a popular wood preservative, used to protect wood from decay, rot, and insect damage.
- Soldering: Zinc chloride is used in soldering fluxes to help remove oxide layers from metal surfaces and improve the flow of solder.
- Textile processing: Zinc chloride is used as a mordant in textile processing to help fix dyes to fabrics and improve color fastness.
- Battery production: Zinc chloride is used in the production of certain types of batteries, including zinc-carbon batteries and zinc-chloride batteries.
- Deodorants and antiperspirants: Zinc chloride is sometimes used as an ingredient in deodorants and antiperspirants due to its ability to reduce perspiration.
Disinfectants: Zinc chloride is a powerful disinfectant and is sometimes used to sterilize medical equipment and disinfect wounds.
There are no reviews yet.